Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: How do I peel back the interior carpet on a 95 corolla?

Default How do I peel back the interior carpet on a 95 corolla?

Greetings, i have haynes manual 92036. this morning on my way to class my check engine light came on for about a minute, then turned off. i had no problems with the car the rest of the day. when i came home i used my highly advanced diagnostic tool (a paper clip) and jumped terminals TE1 and E1 as per stated in your manual. it spit out code 27- post converter oxygen sensor, (it flashed twice, then paused and flashed 7 times). i changed the front upstream one 4 years ago, but the rear one calls that u remove the rear seat and unplug the connector from under the carpet floor plan. u do not give any instructions or pictures on how to remove carpeting inside the car, do i need a trim removal tool? how do i peel back the carpeting to access the sensor wire connector? any special clips i'm not seeing, and where are they if they exist? your response would be quite helpful

Hello Grendal,

Actually, for your model year, the front passenger seat needs to be removed and there's no carpet concerns. Review Section 4 in Chapter 6.