Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: '02 T&C Front WiperMotor

Default '02 T&C Front WiperMotor

I am in the process of replacing my windshield wiper motor assembly. However, the 4th gen assembly in our '02 is significantly different than the one shown in the manual (3rd gen motors -which are shown for my '02 - seem to be seperate from the rest of the wiper assembly. A trip to the parts store confirmed that the 4th gen have several bits pressed onto the motor, and hence seperate at a different spot.) Can anyone tell me how and where to seperate the motor and its connected assembly? I am trying to avoid using my hammer, at least for now....Thanks.

Hello MyMamaDrivesAVan,

The key word here is assembly. It appears that the replacement motor comes with a crank attached to it as part of the motor assembly. Unfortunately, our factory information does not illustrate the point of separation from the rest of the wiper linkage but it states not to remove the crank! If you call our Technical Research department (800-442-9637), we can FAX you the information that we do have in order to assist you with your project.

Thank You!

Thank you , Haynes. The faxed information for my front wiper motor assebly DID match my van's layout. Do you know if the wiring diagram for the van also changed? For the record, my van was manufactured in 3/02.

Hello MyMamaDriverAVan,

We're glad that you found the information helpful. It's possible that the wiring diagram has changed. Because of resolution issues with faxing, we'll need you to email our Technical Research Department (research@haynes.com) so that we can send you a specific wiring diagram for your model and year vehicle.