Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 1998 VW Passat ABS Hydraulic pump fuse (#53)

Hybrid View

Default 1998 VW Passat ABS Hydraulic pump fuse (#53)

Hello:
    Could you please advise me of the location of the ABS Hydraulic pump fuse. I think, according to your manual schematics this is fuse number 53, between the relay plate and the ABS control module, but physically, in the car, I cannot find the fuse.
    I hope someone can help.
    David

Hello dave adams,

Using our resources, We've looked up the ABS related fuse locations for your specific vehicle. All ABS fuses are in the fuse panel at the end of the dash on the driver's side. They are in positions 7 (10A), 16 (10A). 41 (25A).

Thank you very much for a very prompt reply. I will check those 3 fuses. I have Haynes book 96203. On page 12-40 diagram 22 there shows an ABS pump fuse 30A (F53) between the relay plate and the ABS control module. I will check this one as well if I can find it. Thanks for your help so far.
    David

Hello dave adams,

The information that we provided was for North American models for your specific year. The wiring diagram is somewhat typical for Passat models and may include information for other model years besides yours.
    If you need more information, email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com, or call them at 1-800-442-9637. Give them the number/letter combination on the title page of the manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo; it looks something like this: (4JR - 36055). They'll do what they can to help.