Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2004 corolla question...not in manual

Angry 2004 corolla question...not in manual

I purchased your manual covering the 2003-2005 Toyota Corolla. Well, after reading the manual covering your oxygen sensor removal on both the upstream and downstream sensors, the book is so vague and only says "follow the wires" to disconnect the downstream sensor which the connector is located somehwere under the carpet of the car..... The sensor is screwed into the exhaust and the wire goes into the interiorl part of the car. Some folks have told me to remove the front seats, remove the center console, do this do that and your manual does not say anything to do except follow the wires. So, why dont you tell me in the correct order how to get to the connector to disconnect the downstream sensor. Be specific and correct with your information please.

Hello torymax,

We're sorry to hear about your frustration. In nearly every instance you can simply follow the wires from the O2 sensor to the harness connector. What is the year and engine displacement of your Corolla? We'll use our resources to find out exactly what is necessary.

Unhappy car info

2004 corolla S.......1.8 Liter - USA made, not japan........4 door model.......

Hello torymax,

The wire harness goes through the unibody and comes up under the passenger's side floorboard near the floor console towards the dash. If you email our technical research department, we can send you an illustration of where it comes up. Just put "O2 sensor hanrness location" in the subject line.