Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Plymouth Voyager 2000

Hybrid View

Default Plymouth Voyager 2000

I have a Plymouth Voyager 2000 as stated in the title. I was looking through the manual at the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and I looked at my VIN on my vehicle. The 8th character which is supposed to denote engine type is a G in my VIN however the Haynes manual only gives 4 possible characters for this 8th digit. The engine is a 3.3L V6 and the 8th character should be an R. Do you know why it is different?

Hi cbowen,

The G denotes that your vehicle is equipped with the 3.3L "flex fuel" engine. Information related to the flex fuel system isn't covered in the manual (as indicated on the back cover and the title page); that's why it wasn't listed in the VIN information section.

Default To admin

No disrespect intended but the vast majority of Haynes manual purchasers are not professionals or equipment experts. I personnaly know people that work on vehicles for a living that do not know what flex fuel is. You could have let the person know wheather or not Haynes had a manual that covered their flex fuel vehicle. Their are plenty of Ford Fivehundreds on the road in my city but Haynes said that they are not worth making a manual for and Chilton's I would have to buy a complete Ford repair CD to get that model. I got a set of factory service manuals that was cheaper than Chiltons CD but still an arm and a leg. Have a nice day.

Yes, we're aware of the fact that most Haynes manual users are not professional automotive repair technicians. That's why we tailor them to the home mechanic, or Do-It-Yourselfer, and the majority of our manual sales are from the large auto parts store chains.

As far as an owner of a flex-fuel vehicle not knowing what that term means, I would have to disagree. Flex-fuel vehicles have a label on the inside of the fuel filler door, some have a yellow gas cap, many have a badge prominently displayed on the back of the vehicle, and they all have the pertinent information in the owners manual.

The Ford Five Hundred is on our list of potential new titles. Whether or not we produce a manual for any given vehicle is based on unit sales of the vehicle. The Five Hundred has pretty decent numbers, so it would be considered a valid project (although I can't say when it will be available; if you're interested, keep checking back periodically).