Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2009 saturn aura

Default 2009 saturn aura

i have no info for changing the oil and filter. Different filter! No Haynes manual found! Help

Hi dean h,

Well, we don't have a manual for your vehicle yet, but is sounds like your car must have the four-cylinder engine, since you say the filter is different. Yes, it is, and you get to it from the top, on the front side of the engine, near the left side of the intake manifold. You have to unscrew the plastic cap, then pull the filter out with the cap. When installing it, it's a good idea to use a new O-ring.

Hope this helps.

It was a bear trying to get a large pair of channel locks in to grab the cap. Bought a stubby socket from auto store just for that purpose. Seems to me it was 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 socket. Haven't tryed it yet.
    I'm going to vent now; Who designs these vehicles these days. What happened to the "good old days" when you could change a canister filter ( spin on )that stood up straight and you could remove it without getting oil all over the place? This Saturn has a paper filter in a cup that you have to pull the filter out and over the front of the car while oil is dripping all over the place!!
    I'm done, thanks
    Last edited by rickluc; 11-25-2009 at 02:53 PM.