Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 98 Chevy Suburban Brake Light Switch

Exclamation 98 Chevy Suburban Brake Light Switch

Hey everyone new here to the site and forum, but I need your help...I tend to do my own work on my own vehicles and i need to replace the brake light switch on my 98 suburban. I know where it is located...but im stumped on how to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated...especially a very detailed description of how to do it.

Thanx

How about this: Get the Haynes manual for your Suburban?! Not very expensive, and it'll save you $$ the first time you use it. And if you need clarification, you can contact us (via email or phone - but - you have to have a manual in order to do that).

it should have plastic tabs that lock in place on the bracket.compress them and it should pop right out.

Unhappy '98 suburban brake light switch

I have a Haynes manual and I am replacing the brake booster. I found it marginally helpfull at best. Particularly since I there was no information as to how to remove the brake light switch.

caddiac,

What kind of vehicle are you working on and what manual are you using? If it's a Chevy/GMC truck (or Suburban), '88-'98, The brake light switch is covered in Chapter 9, Section 11. If you still need more help or some clarification, you can email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com or give them a call (the number is on the last page of your manual). You'll have to give them the number/letter combination on the title page, just to the right of the Haynes logo - it looks something like this: (4F9 - 36059).