Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2000 Cadillac Escalade Repair Manual?

Default 2000 Cadillac Escalade Repair Manual?

Why can't I find a repair manual that lists the Escalade as one of the vehicles covered?

Is it the same as a Yukon?

I would like to buy a repair manual for a 2000 Cadillac Escalade but have not found one.

Also, my 2000 Escalade has rear drum brakes, what would it take to convert to disc?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi psycho,

The Escalade is similar to the Tahoe/Yukon, but it isn't included in our manual because of all of the special features that it has, and by comparison, was produced in relatively low numbers.

I'm not going to get into the disc brake conversion - it'd probably take more than you would want to deal with. There's the issue of caliper mounting brackets, plumbing, ABS sensors, and the potential for problems with front/rear braking ratio/pressures. There's probably someone out there who's done it before, so do some searching around on the internet - maybe it's less work than I'm thinking it would be.

Thanks, I thought so just needed to be sure before I went and got the manual.

As for the escalade being so special, I don' think so...

As for "special," what I'm referring to are options and accessories that won't be covered in the manual. Also, if there are any specifications that might be different for the Escalade, those won't be in the manual because they weren't researched.