Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2001 Nissan Altima 2.4 Ignition Module

Default 2001 Nissan Altima 2.4 Ignition Module

Hello, I'm working on a 2001 Nissan Altima 2.4L SE. I've purchased a Haynes manual and it says for the 2.4L the Ignition Module is located on a bracket mounted onto the Mass Air Flow Sensor. I'm unable to locate it on the vehicle still. There is a Bracket attached to the MAF but nothing on it. There is no wiring harness dangling around there to indicate that there even was anything there either. The vehicle that they used to illustrate the manual was a 1999 Altima. I think that the ECU'S or PCM'S on these are year specific on the 2001 Altima. Is there a possibility that the Ignition Module may be in a different location for this year model?

Hi Dara,

I checked with the '01 Altima factory service manual and it looks like the power transistor is an integral component of the distributor.

Hmmm. I wonder where it is in the Distributor because I had taken the original one apart and didn't see any signs of one. After a few days of tinkering with the car I eventually took apart the new one too thinking that the Ignition module may be in the distributor just like that the factory manual was saying. but they look identical with no signs of an ignition module. Just the ignition coil itself. Would you happen to have a picture and exact location of it at all??? I'm dyin over here.. LOL...

HI again Dara,

In the factory service manual it appears as if the power transistor is integral with the coil (the only thing they show is a cutaway drawing of the distributor). The factory service manual also says that the components in the distributor are not available separately (if anything goes bad, you have to buy the whole thing).

yeah... figures.... I did buy the whole thing... and I backtracked the part description and it says "w/o module" I started looking online EVERYWHERE! they only sell them w/o modules... some descriptions don't even say if it comes with one or not. Even Nissan Dealership websites. (shakes head) Thank you very much for all of your help. I'll keep you updated if I find one that's right.