Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 1983 Porsche 944 heater core connections

Hybrid View

Question 1983 Porsche 944 heater core connections

I have a 1983 Porsche 944 and need to change the heater hoses. I am unable to locate the heater hose connections to the heater core that are located inside the passenger compartment. In the Haynes manual for Porsche 944 (80035(1027)) there is no removal and installation procedure for the heater hoses that enter the firewall, although the manual advises the hoses should be inspected and replaced periodically. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi 1983944,

Those heater hose connections should be at the firewall. I'm looking at a picture in the Porsche factory service manual and it shows the HVAC unit (removed from the vehicle) and the heater core pipes run up to a flange, along with the refrigeration lines, that bolts up to the firewall. Look in Chapter 2B, illustration 6.17; that's one of the heater hoses. The other end attaches to one of the heater core pipes on the flange I mentioned. Unfortunately the factory manual doesn't shown where on the firewall the heater core pipes come through. It looks like they're probably not easy to get to. I've never seen a vehicle where the heater hoses themselves actually enter the cabin (that would be a horrible design!).

That's about the best I can do. I hope it helps.