Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Electrical problem 1999 Plymouth Voyager 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Hybrid View

Default Electrical problem 1999 Plymouth Voyager 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE. All of the sudden the gauges on the dash stopped working and the ABS light came on. Then after a day or so with this issue the check engine light also came on and stays on with the ABS light and all gauges on the dash still not working. All the door locks and lights and wipers work but not the dash gauges. I don't think it would be the BCM because I would think that all of the features it controls would go wonky, but they don't. We had the battery replaced in the vehicle about 5-6 months ago and the gauges worked fine until just this week. I read somewhere that there is a IOD fuse in the fuse box. If it is blown, you will have the same symptoms. Any ideas???? Please help... we are broke and cannot afford a huge bill to chase down the problem...

Default Hope this fixes it

In your fuse/relay box, find a fuse that is called IOD, it should be labeled. Remove that fuse for 20 seconds and insert it back in. Hopefully it will work. I also would try to remove the negative battery cable for about 20 minutes and see if that helps also.

Thumbs up Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by cpmorpheous View Post
    In your fuse/relay box, find a fuse that is called IOD, it should be labeled. Remove that fuse for 20 seconds and insert it back in. Hopefully it will work. I also would try to remove the negative battery cable for about 20 minutes and see if that helps also.
    Hi Cpmorpheous:

I did what you said. The fuse removal didnt work but taking the battery cable off for 20mins reset all alerts and issues. I hope that this will stay this way.... We have been having problems with the vehicle starting too and I really think it is the starter cause if I roll the vehicle a bit and then try to start it, it works. But with all those alarms and lights and issue I began to wonder. So now I can at least rule out all these other overwhelming lights and issues and see if the starter issue is still there... Anyway, long and short, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Cheers
    Derek

Question aGAIN

HI all:

That worked but it is doing it again. Same deal. Dash check engine and abs and no rear wiper but have ligts, keyless entry... etc... Hmmm... I wonder what it could be... the BCM??? Thanks all..

Derek