Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 1983 Datsun 200SX

Exclamation 1983 Datsun 200SX

My Datsun 200SX 1980 thru 1983 Haynes Manual (US 647) only indicates wiring/electrical schematics for the 1981 and 1980. Do I use either of these for trouble shooting my 1983 model? If so, which one? If not, how do I get a wiring/electrical schematic for my 1983 Datsun 200SX if it is not in the manual?
    My issue is that my stereo, power windows, turn signals, back-up lights, and dash sensor indicators do not work when the ignition is on (they do however work when the ignition is in accessory mode). I have replaced the ignition in order to correct for the problem to no avail. Got any suggestions? Before I continue to retrace the associated wiring I need to know the schematic for the 1983 model.

Hi Becky,

Email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com and let them know what you're doing. Be sure to indicate if your car is a "DX" or an "SL." They'll do what they can to help.

Default 1983 Datsun 200SX

How do I determine if my car is a "DX" or "SL"?

Hi Becky,

The SL is a bit more upscale, and the audio system has four speakers. The DX audio system only has two speakers. That's probably the easiest way to tell.