Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2000 xterra

Angry 2000 xterra

I am trying to pull the motor out and according to the manual it comes all ready out of the truck to be rebuilt some one missed that chapter on how it comes out!
    I love the manuals from the 50's-60's & 70's the maunal's of today are sad!

Hi boatman,

No, we didn't miss it. Take another look - engine removal and installation is in Chapter 2 Part D (General engine overhaul procedures), Section 7.

well ok im removing a 3.3 from a 4x4 xterra and the oil pan is not going to clear the front differential for the fly wheel to clear the bell housing .
    By the time you get it hi enought to clear the differential the bell housing is going to hit the floor I didnt see any thing abought that in 2d ?

Hi again boatman,

I checked the Nissan Xterra factory service manual and they made no mention of having to remove the front axle housing. So, try supporting the transmission/transfer case with a tranny jack and follow the trans removal procedure to get everything disconnected, then lower and move the transmission/transfer case assembly back so you don't have to move the engine so far forward. See if that gives you enough room.