Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Kia manual transmission stick

Default Kia manual transmission stick

Hi i have a 1998 kia sephia and i recently replaced the turn signal combo connector the front engine mount and the horn and it was so easy while using my haynes manual. I recently tried to repair the stick shift because it moves around so easily and i cant seem to find a boot to put in my center console to support the stick. Haynes chapter 7 covers manual transmissions but it is a very short chapter and it only shows me how to remove the stick. I have completed that task but how can i tell if the parts are bad , the only part that looks bad is the grommet at the very bottom of the shaft it is completely torn. Could this be the reason my shaft is so loose and moves around easliy?

Hi kia 98,

Yes, the torn grommet could be the problem. Email one of our tech service reps at [email]research@haynes.com[/email]; they'll try to find something that will help you. Be sure to give them all of the specifics about your car, the manual number you're using (it's on the front cover and the spine), and the number/letter combination on the title page, just to the right of the Haynes logo (if there is no number/letter combination, give them the las letter in the letter block, also to the right of the Haynes logo).

Thanks for using Haynes manuals!