Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: please i relly need help

Unhappy please i relly need help

i have a eclipse 1997gs-t the problem i that i bought this car two months ago and i havent use it more than a few days, the first two days i was using it ti worked perfectly the the next day with half thank the car dindt turn on one of my friends told me that i could be the fuel pump so y bought one and i install it it worked great just when i was all excited to drive the car a few days later when the car reached half thank again the fuel pump stopped working the same friend told me that it would be the fuel pump relay that is burning the fuel pump i just need help if that could be the problem.

Hi yoshi297,

Sorry to hear about the problem with your "new" car. Unfortunately, we can't diagnose problems from a remote location. The fuel pump relay sends power to the fuel pump - a bad relay isn't going to "burn out" the pump, though.

Intermittent problems like you're experiencing aren't easy to solve. Your vehicle is covered in Haynes manual no. 68031. There's a troubleshooting section up near the front of the book, and fuel system information is in Chapter 4. If you get the manual and still require help, you can contact one of our tech service reps at [email]research@haynes.com[/email] and they'll see if they can help you. You'll have to give them all of the pertinent information about your car, and you'll have to have your manual with you, as they'll will need some specific information from it.

Finally, before replacing parts to see if that fixes the problem, do your best to diagnose the problem. You can save a lot of money that way.