Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: bike wont start

Thumbs down bike wont start

Ive got an 83 vf750 interceptor, the batery is new, the starter seleniod is new, but the starter wont turn. have tried to jump the seleniod and the starter works. but it wont with the start button. is there a fuse I am missing besides the one on the seleniod?

Hi fingers,

Unfortunately, we don't have a manual for your bike, so we don't have any factory service information either. I do believe there is a fuse box in addition to the one on the solenoid, but I don't know where it is. Try looking under the side covers or under the seat. But before doing that, I think your bike has a sidestand safety switch, a neutral switch and a clutch switch. So get on the bike, put the sidestand up, make sure it's in neutral, make sure the ignition is on and the engine stop switch is in the run position, pull the clutch lever in and give it a try. If it still doesn't work, then you have to start diagnosis. A good wiring diagram will be necessary. Check [***]www.repairmanual.com[/***] - they will probably have a manual (I know you can get factory service manuals from them, and the genuine Honda manuals are good).

Good luck!