Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1999 jeep grand cherokee Lerado fuel line connector

Question 1999 jeep grand cherokee Lerado fuel line connector

I have taken one fuel line connector a loose simply by pushing down on the black plastic part and pulling in the opposite direction at the same time, but the other connector is larger and I have no idea how to disconnect this one. Any ideas? It looks like it is connected to a brass or steel part with a black plastic casing over it that has slots on the side, but it can only be pushed down a little.

Hi svdooley,

Your vehicle is covered in Haynes manual no. 50025. Fuel line information is in Chapter 4.

Default fuel line connector

I have the manual but it is not clear on how to disconnect the fuel line connector. Here is a picture.

100_0233.jpg

svdooley,

That black plastic piece might be a cover. If you can carefully pry on it and slide it back you'll probably find a connector like the ones described in the manual.

I can only move the black plastic very little, because if you move it up it will be touching the fuel pump module and cannot go any further, which does not leave room to see whats under the plastic.

Is there anyway I can break this at the fuel pump module to get it off without messing it up so I can put the new fuel pump module on. This car has been sitting for a week because I cannot get this stupid connector apart.

svdooley - contact our technical research department at [EMAIL="research@haynes.com"]research@haynes.com[/EMAIL] and they will try and help you. You will need to give them year, make, model and engine.

Any idea when they will respond, I sent an email earlier in the day.

svdooley - They answer them in the order there received so if you sent it this morning you should have a reply before lunch time.

I sent it yesterday and again this morning.