Haynes Manuals Home
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Windstar "Generic Electronic Module" and Door ajar

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi again,

I think you may have found your GEM. In the photo you sent, it looks like it has three electrical connectors, which would correspond with the illustration (that's what the C233, C234, C289 refer to).

Keep in mind that the wiring diagrams in the Haynes manual are circuit diagrams; the wires connected to the GEM are not necessarily in the same connector.
    Having the pinouts of those three connectors would be helpful. From there one could do a lot of troubleshooting.

I disconnected the connectors and back probed the black/pink wire and checked for continuity to ground... yahoo there was continuity... that ruled out the right door as the door ajar culprit.
    I checked the black/lt blue... again continuity... ruled out tailgate!
    checked black/white... ooops continuity in the sliding door... you stated above that it should be an open circuit.... Oh..no!! there are at least two other black/white wires in another connector! SO now it is obvious, that I don't have enough information.

That diagram looks like it came out of the Ford EVTM. DO they have the pinouts of the GEM module? and the connectors?

BTW... thanks for sticking with me on this.
    joe

I obtained the information regarding the pinouts for the GEM from another source. Here is a little testing proceedure I put together that others my find useful.

[***]http://www.ford-forums.com/ford-windstar/16308-windstar-door-light-door-ajar-dome-light-wont-turn-off-help-2.html[/***]
    Last edited by BroncoJoe19; 11-28-2008 at 04:35 PM.

I don't know why the above link didn't work
    Perhaps this will work.

<A HREF="http://www.ford-forums.com/ford-windstar/16308-windstar-door-light-door-ajar-dome-light-wont-turn-off-help-2.html#post63488">How to test GEM to determine which is faulty door ajar sensor</A>