Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Pcm Driver For A/c Clutch

Default Pcm Driver For A/c Clutch

Has anyone had a problem with the pcm driver for a/c clutch? Brought the intrepid to a/c shop, suspecting no refrigerant but turned out system is full but compressor won't kick in when you switch the a/c. Techician powered compressor directly to the battery and it worked. He said i need to replace the whole pcm. Relays are all ok. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

1995 dodge intrepid ES 3.5
    211000 miles approx.

BOBO - The power to the compressor comes from the power control module to the clutch relay. The circuit uses Fuses A (20a) and D (40a) from the power distribution center. Contact our research department and they can you more detailed information that could help you. Contact them at [EMAIL="research@haynes.com"]research@haynes.com[/EMAIL] you will need to give them the manual number that you have purchased and all the vehicle inforamtion including what type of AC system manual or auto temp. contol.

Default Pcm driver for a/c clutch

Admin - checked the a/c pressure transducer today & it seems this is where the problem lies. I tapped the sensor with a screwdriver handle - the compressor kicked-in but only for a about 5 secs. Pulled the connector in and out several times and it worked again for a few seconds. Is it hard to replace this pressure switch? Will 134a leak out if i remove the switch? thanks.
    Last edited by BOBO; 06-20-2008 at 04:41 AM.

BOBO - The pressure swithc just unscrews. Nothing will leak when you remove it.

Default Pcm for a/c clutch

Admin - just got the a/c transducer that i pre-ordered from Auto zone. Do i need to wrap the schraeder valve with teflon tape or thread sealer? thanks.

BOBO - You shouldn't need to.