Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Serpentine Belts 1999 Nissan Sentra

Default Serpentine Belts 1999 Nissan Sentra

I am trying to replace both drive belts on my nissan sentra, and it is not discussed in my haynes manual. This is disapppointing, because it was the only reason I bought the manual in the first place!!

I had to replace the idler pulley on the Alternator/ A-C belt and I can't seem to tighten the belt. The pulley has a bolt behind it that regulates the tensioner (under the alternator) but I can't remember if the bolt goes through when the pulley's connector on top or on bottom (it works both ways), and neither seem to keep the belt tight.

Also having trouble finding detailed instructions on the drive belt for the p.s. and w.p. belts. I believe the tensioner is the p.s. with a bolt next to it, but I am afraid to work on it with no instructions.

Please help! Thank you!

Hi PhxDT,

Contact one of our tech service reps at [email]research@haynes.com[/email] or call them at 1-805-498-6703. They'll do what they can to help you.