Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2000 sable trans prob

Angry 2000 sable trans prob

I am having to pull the transaxle out due to either a blown trans pump or sliping clutch gears. My question is, is it possible to drop the. Transaxle from under nieth, if so how does it come out after it is completly released from the mounts and engine. It doesn't see
    as there is enough room to slide it off the pins and clear the frame and sub frame. Can the sub frame be removed or does it need to pulled from the top?

Hi pwpalmer,

Haynes manual no. 36075 covers your vehicle (Taurus/Sable, '96 - '05) and covers transaxle removal. I recommend you get this manual to do the job safely.

Good luck

I have the manuel and have by it every step of the way. I am concerned that all the information is accurate. I could be wrong and probably am. There doesn't seem to be enough room to drop the trans from underneith. The book does specify about the actual removal. Is there any special trick to get it out from undermieth?

Hello again pwpalmer,

Contact one of our tech service reps at [email]research@haynes.com[/email]. They'll do what they can to help. Just be sure to give them all pertinent information about your vehicle, and the manual number you're using.

Thanks.

from the experience of working on this car and speaking with numerious proffesional mechanics, it has been determined that it is required to remove the sub frame and elevate the engine to intact remove the transmition. I greatly advise that this information be included in the repair manual to accuratley inform others of the entire process required to remove a transmition of mercury sables.