Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: jetta

Default jetta

I Have A 1994 Jetta That I Just Put A Transmission, Clutch & Flywheel In, The Problem Now Is That The Car Will Only Run For 10 Mins. Then Stops,i Can Not Restart The Car For App.1 Hour.
    When The Car Starts It Runs Nice,i Hear A Click And Off It Goes.
    I Have Good Spark After It Goes Off, Can Anybody Give Me Some Input To My Problem. I Purchased A Tester ( Obd11 ) But It Only Works On Newer Vehicles 95 & Up.

Jim

jmckinnon - Since you have spark when it dies, you will need to verify if you have fuel pressure. The fact that you hear a click seems to indicate some sort of electrical problem. Double-check your work and make sure no wiring harnesses were damaged.

Default jetta

thank you for the information, would you know in what direction i should focus for this problem, i have double checked and triple checked the transmission install can not find anything out of place or not connected.
    would some one there know what two pins can be jumped on the 16 pin connector so i can bring up the fault codes, my otc4000 diagnostic scanner does not have a adapter for vw's

thanks
    jim

jmckinnon,

If it's a Jetta III, late '94 production, terminals 15 and 4 of the 16-pin diagnostic connector can be jumped to display the blink codes, if any are stored.