Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 94 oldsmobile 88 royale

Default 94 oldsmobile 88 royale

im having trouble trying to figure out what is wrong with my car its not the fuel pump for sure im gettin gas to the fuel pump valve but not to carburater and i need help trying to figure out where i should start or replace or something

Quote Originally Posted by amberz View Post
    im having trouble trying to figure out what is wrong with my car its not the fuel pump for sure im gettin gas to the fuel pump valve but not to carburater and i need help trying to figure out where i should start or replace or something
    im having trouble trying to figure out what is wrong with my car its not the fuel pump for sure im gettin gas to the fuel pump valve but not to carburater and i need help trying to figure out where i should start or replace or something some of the hoses are kinda bad not to bad though when i spray gad into carburtator injectors it starts then dies as soon as i stop spraying could the injectors be clogged

Hi amberz,

Your car is port fuel injected - there is no carburetor. There is a throttle body which controls airflow into the engine, but no fuel flows through it.

Check to see if the injectors are clicking when the engine is cranking over. Also check the fuel pressure. All of this information (and much more) is included in the Haynes manual for your vehicle - no. 19020.

ok are the injectors supposed to click? i replaced all the the top visible vaccum hosed and then went and started my car and i turned over like nothin and i drove it around and put gas in it and about an hour later i went to gas station turned it off and it went back to not starting

amberz -

Yes, they're supposed to click; that means they're working (electrically, at least). When your car won't start, check the fuel pressure to see if it's within spec (I'm assuming it's not an ignition problem because it ran when you sprayed gas into the throttle body). Get the manual for your car - it will answer these questions.

Good luck