Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 99 Suburban replacing blower resistor.

Red face 99 Suburban replacing blower resistor.

Hi i purchased a haynes manual. Unfontunately in the manual it does not get into detail to replace this part. if you remove the glove box you can remove the connector and unbolted but there is not enough clearance to pull it out. Do i have to remove the dash and air bag to remove it or shoud i remove the heater and evap cover? Is there an easier way? please advise.

Since the resistor is on top of the case assembly its hard to get to. There is also a bracket that partially covers the top of the resistor. Most blower motor resistors can be removed by removing the glove box. If not you will need to loosen the instrument panel bolts and pull it back far enough to get to it.

Default Found Easy Way To Remove Blower Resistor!

There Is A Bolt In Top Of Evap Box Loosen Bolt Almost All The Way Out. Then Open Hood And Remove A Nut On The Bottom Of Heater Hoses. There Remove Coolant Reservoir And Remove 4 Small Bolts And Evap Box Will Drop Enough To Give Clearence To Remove Resistor.