Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 1993 Sonoma starting issue

Default 1993 Sonoma starting issue

1993 Sonoma 4.3L CPI 150,000 miles. Recently it has become harder to start. Once running it runs fine. I thought it may have been a fuel pump slowly going bad. I replaced the pump, fuel filter. Purged the fuel lines and checked for spark(good) at the plugs. I am considering CPI unit in the intake maifold, which include the injector and the fuel pressure regulator. First, I would like to verify it is the problem. I believe the relay is good as I can hear the fuel pump. I believe reading something about a oil pressure sensor that may have been the problem all along. Any other things to check?

oil pressure sending unit will cause a no start. With a 150,000 miles there could be a number of contributing issues. What about timing

If timing was an issue why would it start and run fine after starting? I would think it would not run at all - I will check timing.

Fuel pressure test shows ok, spark test shows stong spark, timing components ok, compression strong? how hard is it to start 3-5 cranks or longer? always or adverse conditions