Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2001 Buick Century

Default 2001 Buick Century

I have a 2001 Buick Century that I can never tell how much gas I have. My gas gauge does not work, sometimes it will go all the way to full, then immediately drop back to empty. Then the odometer does not light up, I don't know if a light is out, I have checked the fuses. If I could read that I could at least keep up with the miles per tank without fixing the gas guage. Does anyone have a suggestion? Is there a second fuse to the light for the odometer? Do I have to take the dash apart to replace a bulb? I can't even tell how many miles I have on the car as the odometer has not worked for a couple of years. (If I knew how miles, I would probably be trading it). If I had to guess it probably has close to 200,000 miles so I do not want to invest a lot of money in it.

Some of you diy's tell me what to do. I am a senior lady, but very mechanically inclined.

Thanks,
    Jo

Hi Jo,

You should get Haynes manual no. 19010 - it covers the Buick Century, 1997-2005. I think it would really help you. It covers instrument cluster removal and installation, as well as instrument cluster bulb replacement. It also shows how to check your fuel level sending unit. if you're mechanically inclined, the book will help you save a lot on repairs.

Good luck!