Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Volvo V70 Haynes book #4263

Default Volvo V70 Haynes book #4263

Hello and Thank you for providing this forum.

I have receintly acquired a 2004 V70 and was looking for a manual on it. Are there any plans to bring manual #4263 to the US? If so, any idea when?

I also wonder if there are significant differences between the models covered by this manual (euro versions, I assume) and the cars here in the states.

It seems like I have had a haynes book for almost every car I've ever owned, and I'm a little dismayed at the lack of availability for this one. I don't mind ordering the european version, but if there is going to be a release over here I'll wait for it.

Thanks again - great forum.

- SG
    Last edited by Surf_Geek; 04-21-2008 at 04:35 AM.

Surf_Geek - Sorry at this time there are no plans to make a US manual for your vehicle. Hopefully in the near future it will make our production list. There are several differences between European and US besides the obvious ones.

Seems strange since 80% of the V70's made are for the US market. Are there forces at work to conspire against us DIYer's and keep us going back to the dealer?

I may have to get an ALLDATA DIY subscription instead.

I'd be happy to evaluate a copy of manual #4263 and let you know how it would fare in the US market... I know lots of people with Volvos that would probably be interested in it. Maybe you could email me a copy and I'll check it out for you.

What sort of criteria do you use to decide if a given book will be published here?

Thanks for all your great help with all my other cars.

- SG

Default Where can I buy it?

Ok - No US manual... no problem.

Is there a place I can buy the euro version other than the haynes.uk website? Between the great exchange rate right now and the exceptional shipping charges, this book is going to set me back about $50 (USD).

Maybe one of my british friends on this site will be nice enough to scan their copy and email it to me. I'd be happy to work out some kind of deal that would be mutually benificial.

No, really... do I have to go to Canada or something to get this book?

Thanks for any insights you may have to offer.

- SG

Hi Surf_Geek,

Actually, you can order that book from us here in the States. Give our order desk a call at 1-800-442-9637, or our warehouse in Tennessee at 1-800-242-4637.

Thanks!