Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 99 Nissan Altima pcv valve

Smile 99 Nissan Altima pcv valve

My friend has a 99 Altima that I'm doing some work on.I am trying to locate the pcv valve but cannot find it anywhere. She has no owners manual and I thought maybe someone there could please tell me where it is. I am very frustrated at this point. Thank you for any help!

Not to sure about nissan much but every car ive ever worked on they are connected to a hose that connects the the vale cover. Then it should run to the intake to be sent into motor to be burned off. Some nissans dont have a pcv valve becaus eit is connected right to the intake mani not sure about this model though Hope this helps if not sorry I cant help

Default 99 Altima pcv

Thank you for the help. I was able to locate a repair manual for this car, which said it is located underneath on the drivebelt side in a breather-separator. Well I looked but once again I could not find it. I gave up looking, but will try again today.

willyg - Use your Haynes manual, look in Section 30 of Chapter 1. On page 1-28 it gives several references where the valve is located depending on what engine you have.

Default 99Altima pcv

Thanks for the info. This car belongs to a friend, that's the reason I didn't have a lot of information. This is a 2.4 L engine and I think it's on the right side. Thanks again

No problem, glad to see that the Haynes manual was able to help you.