Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: modulator valve/2000 kia sephia

Exclamation modulator valve/2000 kia sephia

does any one know what it looks like and where i can find it in my transmission and the Haynes manual? need help ASAP!!!!if you know what it looks like please send a picture or give me a website to go to. Thanks.

tuner08 - Contact our research department and they will try and help you. You must have your Haynes manual that you purchased available when you contact them. Contact them at [EMAIL="research@haynes.com"]research@haynes.com[/EMAIL] don't forget to mention that admin sent you.

Checking in the factory service manual, though, it looks like your transaxle doesn't have a modulator valve, as the trans is electronically controlled.

Exclamation Please Help

i put my car in drive and it gives it high R.P.M and then kicks into gear and then takes off slow and then while it drives it has high R.P.M between shifting.Do you have any idea what my problem is? if so tell me.i don't have to replace my transmission do i?

Hi tuner 08,

Have you checked your transaxle fluid level yet? That's the first check you should make.

Also check the condition of the fluid. If it's dark and smells burnt, internal problems are indicated.

Exclamation

Yeah i even change my fluid and it didn't smell burn't and it wasn't dark. I also cheked my Transmission Range Switch and the book says there should be 6 clicks in it and I checked it and it sounds like it is missing 3 of them.Could that be my problem? And can i get a price on the Transmission Range Switch? I can only buy my parts from dealership. Thanks.

As far as we know the dealership is the only supplier for your vehicles trans parts. You can autorepairmanuals.biz for detailed automatic transaxle overhaul information, they may also be able to guide you to a different parts retailer.

Exclamation

ok i changed my fluid and i checked it today and it is dark and it does smell burnt. what kind of internal problems could i have?Do i have to replace transmission?

tuner08 - Our research department has information to fax or mail you, contact them so they can get you the information.

Was there any metal or clutch material in the fluid? The things that wear the most are the friction discs in the clutch packs and the lining material on the brake band(s). Best thing you could do is take it to a trans shop and have them do pressure tests, this will tell you what's working and whats not.

It's our suggestion that if the trans shop test indicate it's bad, take the car home and follow our manual to remove the transaxle and either have it repaired by a qualified person or find an exchange unit and you reinstall the new or rebuilt unit.

This will save you money and time.

Good luck.