Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 1994 Buick Park Avenue

Default 1994 Buick Park Avenue

I have a 1994 Buick Park Avenue. Two months ago I had to have the alternator replaced. Shortly afterwords the battery kept dying. The last time it did it and I got a jump it took forever to take a charge and then would only keep it if I kept my foot on the accelerator. As soon as I took my foot off the battery went completely dead again. I have had several people "diagnose" it and have heard everything from needing another alternator to a fuel filter. I'm broke and I have no idea what I'm doing. The cheapest possibility I've heard is a new battery and some fuel injector cleaner. Is this possible or should I not waste my time and the little money I have?

Hello cg4297,

Do you have a Haynes manual for your car? If not, get one.

I would first take the car back to the place that replaced the alternator and have them check it out; their warranty should be longer than two months.

If you're on your own at this point, check the charging system voltage, and check the condition of the battery (do a "load test").

The fuel filter has nothing to do with the charging system.

Our manuals are all about helping people keep their cars on the road and saving them money. A small investment in one of our books could save you a bunch of money.

Thanks for your inquiry, but get a Haynes manual for your car and then, if you still require help, contact one of our tech service reps at [***]www.research@haynes.com[/***]. They'll do what they can to help you.