Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: brake booster removel

Default brake booster removel

I pull the master cylinder and place it to the side. I have to replace my brake booster on a 1993 Lincoln town car signature sieres.Because when trying to attempt to stop.I have to stand all the way up on the brakes paddle, to give it a complete stop. I was wondering do I have to bleed the full system after I put the new one on

and how hard is it to swtich an r124 system into a r13 system also switch fuel injection into a carb.
    Last edited by slammedkutty; 03-01-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Hey sk -

If the hydraulic system wasn't opened, you don't have to bleed the brakes. But, if there is any question or doubt about the brake system (did the pedal feel spongy when it was pushed?), then it can't hurt to bleed the system. Also, new fluid can't hurt either, especially down there in Florida where it's so humid all the time!

its a hard feeling I have to stomp on it just to get it to go to the ground.I paid 700 for the car.I was also wondering on a few other cars for sale in my area super saver section inside the news papper

One needs a crystaler 5th 88 w/ 360 engine 4bbl water pump their asking $300
    F 150 351wengine ext cab it needs 8 free plugs and a complete tune-up $1,000
    Chevy impala it’s been overheating their asking $800 ive seen adds for cylinder heads and intakes for sale in the paper.

I’m just wanted to know if a car has been overheating is it worth buying to learn how to do services work

Imp going to school at Tampa bay tech here in Tampa Florida its the FORD ASAT program its a 2yr program I also get an A.S. degree in management and my FORD ASE lics..

slammedkutty - This is not really for us to say especially when there are so many factors you need to look at when you purchase a vehicle. If a vehicle has been overheated you can expect to find some type of engine damage. Keep in mind what your resources are, abilities and time you have to put towards the repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    slammedkutty - This is not really for us to say especially when there are so many factors you need to look at when you purchase a vehicle. If a vehicle has been overheated you can expect to find some type of engine damage. Keep in mind what your resources are, abilities and time you have to put towards the repairs.

Okay I’m eager to learn how to do services work. I want to get my ASE lics really bad. I’m a 27yrs old. I’ve worked in two tire shops my whole time learning how to do services work. I want to be an automotive engineer doing Custom fabrication. Such as hydraulic, air ride suspension, custom auto body, stereo system, and high performance engines building. I’m in the middle of learning how to Arc/mig weld with your book and also taking lessons at a school and at my job

Ford good or bad cars

For the most part they're good cars.

Okay i guess buying a used car is based on my own judgement.I'll take it on the interstate and do some heavy driving and stopping on sideroads.Thanks for all your help.