Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Mercedes Benz420sel1987

Default Mercedes Benz420sel1987

A few small problems on my daily driver. Black Smog-When I accelerate the gas I'm burning to rich. What can I do to fix this when the car is parked and at idle. The motor also shakes alittle bit when the hood is open. It has a 4.2, Also I have to start the car in Natural to get it to fire up the motor. Everything else works fine. And why you guys didn’t makes a manual for these cars.

Thanks again

Last edited by slammedkutty; 02-27-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Hey slammedkutty,

We don't make a manual on that car because the book probably wouldn't sell very well. Why, you ask? It's because most Mercedes owners don't work on their own cars. I know you don't fall into that category, but that's the reason. Nice car, though.

You can try contacting a company called Bisko at 1-800-544-3312. Maybe they can hook you up with some service/repair information.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hey slammedkutty,

We don't make a manual on that car because the book probably wouldn't sell very well. Why, you ask? It's because most Mercedes owners don't work on their own cars. I know you don't fall into that category, but that's the reason. Nice car, though.

You can try contacting a company called Bisko at 1-800-544-3312. Maybe they can hook you up with some service/repair information.

Take care.
    Alrite, I found the problem with my other repair manual. I did a full tune upw/plugs wires cap & rotor fuel filter .took one off at a time. All my parts came up to $650.97.The wires coasted the most. cleared up the black smog the plugs was at an angel I hade to us swivel sockets .And my transmission tech said I Need a Natural safety switch that’s why I have to start it up in Natural. He said it will cost like 400bucks.Wow I might is well flush the tranny fluid and change the filter while I’m at ha.I wish you guys hade a DVD like you have video clips like on you tube I would buy it. What kind of suspension does Mercedes Have?Oh when I was wiggling off each wire I noticed oil in the but off each wire what could cause that and could it be fixed I brought heat rang plugs because I Like the freeway thanks for making the best repair books

slammed kutty Thanks in advance
    Last edited by slammedkutty; 02-28-2008 at 04:27 PM.