Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 94 silverado clicking noise behind dash

Default 94 silverado clicking noise behind dash

I've got a funny clicking noise coming from behind the dash when I turn the key to start my truck and turn it off. It lasts for about 15 seconds, but doesn't seem to hurt the performance whatsoever-just getting annoying. Someone told me it could be the actuator-something with the heating/cooling system. I have a Haynes manual and I couldn't find anything about an actuator; just wondering if that's what it is and if it's easy to replace. I also noticed when this happened that my temperature gauge doesn't get above 100 now. Again, the truck runs fine, but I'm wondering if these things are related. Thanks

aschwartz - Sounds like a relay is going bad. Do your best to get under the dash and start the truck. See if you can find it by the sound.

Default i have the sam prob

my 94 chevy k1500 has been doin that for about 2 or 3 years its something with the heater blower if you stick your finger in the bottom and open the flapper it stops but a the price of a new blower ive learned to live with it

You may have a blend door stuck and the actuator is trying to move the door causing the noise.