Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Drivers side passenger window droping down.

Default Drivers side passenger window droping down.

Hello Administrator,

I am having an issue with the window dropping down and not coming up. Manual 50025 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee 93 thru 04. Do you have a better schematic on how to remove the door panel? Chapter 11-14 step 2 I have removed the two screws but unable to pull the door handle cover or window switch cover. Illustrations 14.2c does not look like anything like mine. I do not want to damage my door panel.

Thanks,
    The Wise Guy

Hi Wise Guy,

Yes, 1999 and later models look different than what is shown in 14.2c - illustration 14.2d si what you need to go by (and it is the only illustration for the trim panel procedure in the factory service manual). Also, the armrest stays with the panel (regardless of what the note says). There is a screw behind the opening handle, and one in the door pull well. After all of the panel screws are removed, the trim fasteners around the perimeter of the panel still have to be pried out, then the panel can be lifted upward.

I hope this helps.

Thanks I just finished the repair. What an ordeal, not taking the part on or off but finding the part. I went to KOI and Advance Auto trying to save a few pennnies. Unfortunately that was not the case. Both must have not heard me say the Driver side rear pax window because apparently they looked up drivers side window because they ar vastly different. So after a few frustrated trips back and fort to both KOI and Advance Auto Parts I gave up and said I had to pay the Man! So I went to the Chrysler/Jeep dealer close to me and then again I got the Driver side window regulator/motor It was the wrong one so I took it back to return it and a different guy was behind the counter and he listened to me and said they looked up the DRIVERS SIDE window regulator and he got the Rear/Left Drivers side window regulator and it was correct! Unfortunately when I said I paid the man I really paid the man, It was