Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2007 GMC Yukon Throttle Position Sensor Location

Default 2007 GMC Yukon Throttle Position Sensor Location

Where can I find information on the location and removal of the throttle position sensor on this vehicle?

Hi renvette,

Do you have the Haynes manual for your vehicle? That information is included in chapter 6 of our manuals. However, I think on your vehicle it's part of the throttle actuator and isn't replaceable separately from the throttle body. Check the manual to confirm this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi renvette,

Do you have the Haynes manual for your vehicle? That information is included in chapter 6 of our manuals. However, I think on your vehicle it's part of the throttle actuator and isn't replaceable separately from the throttle body. Check the manual to confirm this, though.
    Yes, I have the manual and I will look to see to see what is involved.

Yes, I have the manual and I think you are correct. So I have to change the entire throttle body for this repair? You have any idea how extensive this job is?

Yes, I'm pretty sure the throttle body must be replaced as a unit. You could call a GMC or Chevy parts department to verify this. As far as replacement goes, it's a pretty easy job. Look in Chapter 4, Section 13.

I changed it. Any idea how long the check engine light will remain on before reset?

(see reply on your other thread)