Haynes Manuals Home
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: knocking

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Just a quick hint before you get started - take your time. Most people get in trouble because they don't take the time to mark things when they first start the teardown. Use a camera and mark your hoses and bracket bolts.

Good luck
    Thanks I already start markin hoses and vaccum lines etc.I found a cheaper master rebuild kit so im in good shape.

Good luck - you should be back on the road in no time.

Good luck - you should be back on the road in no time.
    not really because i got to repair the full brake system to.I used bad dot 3 fuild it was over a year old and i read in your book that it was a bad ideal lol i did it before i got the brake tech book
    Last edited by slammedkutty; 02-26-2008 at 06:22 PM.

slammedkutty,

Did you mean over a year old? (I hope). Even if it was, and that's the only thing wrong with the brakes, just go ahead and change the fluid by bleeding the system completely of the old fluid.

slammedkutty,

Did you mean over a year old? (I hope). Even if it was, and that's the only thing wrong with the brakes, just go ahead and change the fluid by bleeding the system completely of the old fluid.
    Yes I meant a year old; sorry about that. I have all your tech books the are great. I’m learning alot.I did so much work on my sister’s cars Honda civic 95 and a 96 Dodge Plymouth. I can say im becoming more hands on experiences with parts and the name of them as well. I gained a lot of tools. I’m trying to develop my speed but that will come in time. When I learn my tools and bolt sizes. I’m amateur but have pride and well never let another services shop touch my motor or brakes. How do you refill the rear differential after its been drained
    Last edited by slammedkutty; 02-27-2008 at 03:15 PM.

keep up the good work.

keep up the good work.
    pictures coming soon on the engine build up hope you guys enjoy.