Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 1990 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign ABS failure

Default 1990 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign ABS failure

I am using Haynes manual 49011 to check out a problem I am having. Both the ABS and the brake warning lights are on. I did find that one of the 30 amp fuses had blown but after replacing the fuse I still have both warning lights coming on. I would like to verify the relays associated with the ABS system but I am having difficulty locating them via the 6.1b diagram on page 12-4. Where exactly are these relays - in the cabin, under the cowl or somewhere else? Will I need to remove something in order to gain access?

jimnigh - You can contact our research department at [email]research@haynes.com[/email] and they may be able to help you but more than likely you will need a professional manual for more detailed information.

Default Question about the reply

Is this a website or an e-mail address? Something's not right with this.

Hi jmnigh,

The email address "research@haynes.com" is where you can contact one of our tech service reps. They have access to a vast library of factory service information that is used during the production of our manuals. As long as you have a Haynes manual, and it sounds like you do, they will try to help you. Be sure to give them your email address, fax number or phone number. Just keep in mind that they really can't diagnose your problem from a remote location, and electrical/ABS type problems can be tough, even for a pro, and frequently require special proprietary diagnostic tools to get to the root of the problem.

So no, there's nothing "not right" about this address.