Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Ford Excape 4x4 Binding

Default Ford Excape 4x4 Binding

When I first start up my 02 escape there is no binding in sharp turns, but after driving on the interstate with cruise then slow down and turn into a parking lot etc. there is binding when making turns. Is this related to TSB 15430?
    What does it take to fix the problem?

Luke S
    Technical Service Bulletins Summary
    Make: FORD
    Model: ESCAPE
    Year: 2002

Service Bulletin Number: 15430
    NHTSA Item Number: 630360
    Summary Description:
    SOME 4X4 VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT DRIVELINE BINDING, WHEEL HOP ON TIGHT TURNS, OR A CLUNK TYPE NOISE FROM THE DRIVELINE DURING TORQUE REVERSAL. *TT

Hello lukes52: For your specific issue, we recommend you contact a Ford represenative.

Default Ford Service Advisor

The service advisor at the local Ford dealer felt that they probably wouldn't be able to duplicate the problem and when I asked about TSB 15430 they entered it into their computer and said that there was no TSB by that number. So they did nothing. ?????????????????

lukes52: Unfortunately, we're not in a position to speculate on the cause of your problem. If you are not satisfied with the response you received from the Service Advisor, ask to speak with the Service Manager. Another approach is to research Ford's dispute resolution procedures in your owner's manual or on-line.

Default Ford Search

I spoke with the service manager. He seemed to make a thorough search through their data base and could not find anything. Now I wonder if that number exists anywhere other than on [***]www.nhtsa.gov[/***].