Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: inside door handle cable replacement on '93 Ford F150

Angry inside door handle cable replacement on '93 Ford F150

Hello Haynes,
    I'm not sure how to replace the inside door handle cable (driver side) on my '93 Ford F150. I really think the cable has become stretched and distorted over the years. I know my manual covers removal of the inside door trim panel in chapter 11 but it does not seem to cover removal and replacement of the inside door handle cable. I've looked at it and can't tell for sure how it comes off. Can you please give me the step-by-step procedure on the removal and replacement of the inside door handle cable? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    Cowboy

Hi cowboy,

The Ford factory service manual is pretty vague on this, but it looks like the cable just pops out of the handle bracket.

Thanks Haynes administrator, where can I get a Ford factory service manual? I would assume at a dealership? Also, I saw something on a Ford truck forum lastnight where someone mentioned placing several washers on the cable (I guess to add tension to it), do you know anything about this? Will using washers work? If so, where do the washers need to be placed? Because the person wasn't very specific on how or where to place them.

Hea Haynes, I've not yet recieved an answer to my previous question. Will you please get rid of these damn spammers they've ruined a really great website, it's gotten so I can't reply to my own post. These spammers make things so confusing.

Hi Haynes administrator it's me again. I'm still wating on a reply to my last post about using a washer(s) on the door latch. Can you please delete these damn spammers? They're really agrivating the hell out of me. None of this b.s. has anything to do with automotive repair. Can't you block or filter out those sorry S.O.B.s? As I said before I'm having difficulty checking back and replying to my own thread. I don't remeber having all of this crap on here before on my previous posts, why the hell are they on here now?

Hi cowboy,

I know, this is a very irritating problem and our web hosts are working on it. Be patient - I'm sure they'll be able to filter this stuff out eventually. Sorry for the delay in response.
    Not sure about the washer thing, but I guess that would take up slack in the cable. For factory service information, you can contact Bishko at 1-800-544-3312. However, I did look at the factory service information for your truck, and it really didn't show much detail in regards to that cable.