Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Online reference for BMW 3 series warning lights?

Default Online reference for BMW 3 series warning lights?

Hi,
    Does anyone know of an online reference which shows the BMW 3 series warning lights so that I can try and figure out what a light means.

Unfortunatly I am out of the country and the person who is looking after the car cannot find the manual and I would like to see how bad the problem is before contacting BMW direct.

The description of the light is a red warning light with 3 lines through it!

It is a 2006 3 series coupe (320cd).

Thank in advance

Phil

philwhite - Haynes does not offer anything online like your looking for. If your only looking for internet information try [***="http://www.bentley.com"]www.bentley.com[/***]

Hi philwhite,

That light might be your brake pad wear sensors. I think the warning light for that is a circle with three lines on each side of it. If that's the case, you'd want to have your brake pads checked.

Thank you for your interest in Haynes manuals!

Hi, I'm a little late (over 2 yrs.) but hopefully this info. will help others...

I believe Admin. is referring to the following web-site: http://www.bentleypublishers.com. It has a wide array of BMW repair/service manuals even for the later model bimmers thru 2009. I understand it takes haynes awhile to develope new manuals (currently they are at 2005 for the bimmer 3 series) but they have served useful to me on my Fords.

The price for the manuals on the bentley site is aorund $130 for the 3 series but you can go to Amazon and get same book for $82 inc. free super saver shipping. I'm going there right now to get mine.