Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Pontiac Torrent

Default Pontiac Torrent

I bought the manual for the Torrent/Equinox to help me find the reason why i wasn't getting any warm air in the vehicle. I looked through the manual and troubleshooting sections to see what the cause was but it wasn't very helpful at all. After looking at the wiring diagrams i believe i have figured out what is not working properly but the manual gives no indication of where the motor's or solenoids that switch either the inside to outside air or the air temperature actuator. I am fairly certain that the problem lies within the Air Temperature Controller or the Recirculation Actuator. The Mode actuator works properly when switching from vent to floor to defrost but no warm air. I think the damper or door that allows hot air to enter the passenger compartment is stuck or broken because i can hear something behind the center console trying to operate when i try to use the heater. Where are these items and will i have to remove the entire dash? The manual doesn't show them anywhere but on the wiring diagram.

Hi Toolman74,

Actuator locations:

Recirculation actuator - Upper left part of blower housing (to access it, the upper instrument panel trim panel must be removed).
    Mode actuator - Left side of HVAC housing (to access it, the left side trim panel at the front of the console must be removed).
    Air temperature actuator - Right side of the HVAC housing (to access it, remove the instrument panel compartment.

If you call one of our tech service reps at 1-800-442-9637, they can supply you with a component location drawing.
    Whenever any of these actuators are replaced, the manufacturer states that they must be calibrated with a factory scan tool in order to work properly.

Thank you! This has been very helpful.