Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Copying a print-version book for back-up purpose.

Default Copying a print-version book for back-up purpose.

Hello, I have a Hyundai Repair Manual (32102), which is getting older. I saw the statement in beginning of the book, the message is as follows.

"All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage or retrieval system, without permission in writing from the copyright holder."

I'd like to know if it's OK to copy (photocopying, electronically scanning ,etc.) just for the owner. My book is getting yellow, I think in someday some details in the book may be lost.

This issue might seem trivial, but I'm sincerely writing here to ask.

Tennirva

Hello, Tennirva,

Thank you for taking the time to ask. We have had issues with people copying/scanning manuals and posting them online for free - that's why we don't want people to do that (I'm not implying that you would). Your manual should last for many years. We have some examples here that are 30-40 years old! However, if yours doesn't age that well, you can contact one of our technical service reps at 1-800-442-9637 and they will take care of you.