Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Timing Question

Default Timing Question

Can someone tell me where the Timing disconnect switch is on my 94 gmc 350 5.7 truck? The tan wire with a black stripe? I dont see the tan wire i see orange wires but no wire with a black freakin stripe!

Ok I found the timing connector wire its on passenger side below the glove box by the heater blower motor. The connector was wrapped in black tape with the wiring loom. The tan wire with the black stripe. The Haynes manual says its under the hood behind the wiring cover left of the distributer. But it was wrong,it says 95 models are under the dash and mine is a 1994 model truck.

Hi chevyaz,

I checked the 1994 factory service manual for your truck, and it does in fact state that the set timing connector (the tan wire with the black stripe) is located near the distributor. The 1995 factory service manual says it's under the dash, below the heater case. Maybe the change came about in late 1994 models? Well, at least you found it, but our information does reflect what GM says.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi chevyaz,

I checked the 1994 factory service manual for your truck, and it does in fact state that the set timing connector (the tan wire with the black stripe) is located near the distributor. The 1995 factory service manual says it's under the dash, below the heater case. Maybe the change came about in late 1994 models? Well, at least you found it, but our information does reflect what GM says.

Just putting this info out there for the other forum members. My Haynes manual is a gold mine of info for me. its paid for itself with the info ive found.