Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Engine Oil Dipstick For '01 Isuzu Rodeo

Default Engine Oil Dipstick For '01 Isuzu Rodeo

Hi there

Not sure what i should do here so i thought id post and see what happens.

I have an '01 Isuzu Rodeo but something is up with the Engine Oil Dipstick. I think i took it somewhere to get an oil change and it got mixed up with another dipstick or something like that. Bottom line is that the dipstick doesnt read anything no matter how much oil is in there. The dipstick seems really short and doesnt look like its long enough to hit the pan to measure.

Ive searched high and low for a replacement one online. called a few wreckers where i live as well but havent been able to come up with anything.

Does anyone here have any suggestions? is there anywhere that would list how long it should be and i could try and find one the same length or something like that?? Please let me know what you think. Would this be listed in the Haynes Manual?

Thanks in advance

Swandive

Hi swandive76,

Unfortunately the length of the dipstick isn't listed in the factory service manual. I did a search for a dipstick on ebay and nothing turned up, either. I guess you'll have to keep searching wrecking yards.

Is your engine a V6? If it is, the 3.2L V6 in the Honda Passport is the same (and might be easier to locate).

It would be good to find one ASAP - obviously a low oil level is not good, but an overfilled crankcase is bad, too, because the crank can act like an eggbeater on the oil which will cause the oil to froth.

Good luck, and thanks for your interest in Haynes manuals.

Hey swandive76,

I did a search for 2001 isuzu rodeo dipstick and found someone with the same question. Maybe it was you. In any case, someone responded that the dipstick for the 3.2L V6 is 26-7/8 inches long.

The person who posted the question also added that the oil capacity in the Haynes manual was less than what the engine might actually take. That's why we state that capacities are "approximate." The dipstick should be the final judge. I recently changed the oil on my son's WRX - the manufacturer stated 4.2 quarts, but it took a full 5 quarts.

If it turns out that you do have the wrong dipstick (and it sounds like you do), you should go back to the place that did the oil change and demand some answers, as well as a new dipstick - make them track one down. You shouldn't have to pay for their mistake.

Let us know what happens.