Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2006 dodge charger r/t 5.7 hemi

Default 2006 dodge charger r/t 5.7 hemi

I press on the brake, however I am unable to move the shifter from park, i am pulling the cable from the cubby to move the shift, can you help

Hi diamond,

Refer to Section 4 in Chapter 7 of your manual. Your shift interlock cable might need adjustment, or the interlock solenoid might be bad.

i went ahead and ajusted the cable however i am unable to get the key out of the ignition in any position dont know what to do I am still on able to get the car out of park when i depress the brakes. I really could use help in trying to get the key out of the ignition

Have you tried the shift lock override procedure in Chapter 7, Section 4?

2 things, I cant locate the switch for the override, 2nd will that allow me to remove the key from the ignition? not only that because i could not remove the key the battery went dead... I am ready to give up and take to mechanic, however if you can provide wisdom I am all ears

Hi diamond,

You should contact one of our tech service reps - the number is on the last page of your manual, at the bottom. They might be able to get you some additional information.