Haynes Manuals Home Buy Haynes Manuals Haynes Manuals Blog Haynes Manuals YouTube Haynes Manuals
View Cart Haynes Manuals
Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: How to fix P0010 & P0011 Codes. Help!

Default How to fix P0010 & P0011 Codes. Help!

I have a 2009 Cobalt LT 2.2L with 67K on it. Recently my check engine came on. I used my scanner and these two codes came up. How do I fix it and what tools do I need?????

Hi jgianini77,

Both of these codes are related to the intake camshaft position actuator or circuit. For thorough diagnosis a special scan tool is needed to command the actuators on to verify that they are working properly. You can, however, make sure that the wiring to the actuator solenoid is not damaged. Also, since this system works on engine oil pressure, you have to make sure that the engine oil is at the proper level and that the oil is clean. You can also check the oil pressure with a gauge (see Chapter 2B, Section 2). If that's ok, you can remove the actuator solenoid (Chapter 6, Section 23) and make sure the screen is free of debris and the oil ports are not clogged.

Thanks for replying but what tools would I need to pull out the Crankshaft Position Sensor??

Well, the first tool you need is Haynes manual no. 38017. And, like I said in the post, those codes are related to the camshaft position sensor/circuit or actuator, not the crankshaft position sensor.