Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Trouble Removing drivebelt on 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5SE 6-cylinder Engine Manual Transmission

Question Trouble Removing drivebelt on 2002 Nissan Altima 3.5SE 6-cylinder Engine Manual Transmission

Hello Mr. Expert:

I have been trying to do this job for two days now and still cannot do it. I have been reading your manual [Nissan Altima 1993 thru 2004 All models - Haynes Repair Manual #72015] but do not see an instructions on how to do it. The manual shows different illustrations but unfortunately does not address my particular Altima model car. I was able to remove the wider belts which goes to crankshaft pulley and a/c compressor, alternator and idler pulley/tensioner. But having trouble with the skinnier belt that goes behind the crankshaft pulley and power steering or smog pump motor (not really sure) which is on the left side of the engine or closer to the firewall at the passenger side. I have loosen the tensioner bolt as well as the bolt that secure the pulley against the power steering or smog pump motor but the belt tension did not change. So I do not know what other bolt I need to loosen up before I can take out the belt and scared if I loosen up another wrong bolt that I may not able to put it back. Again, I read your Haynes manual ten times or more but still can't find specific instruction for it. Please help me and thank you so much, I'm trying to do it myself due to financial problem since I have been unemployed for almost 4 years now and cannot find a job. Having no transportation to use made it more tougher for me.

Danny
    Poway, California, USA

Hello DannyLo,

We're sorry to hear about your adversity. We can help you! Email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com, or call them at 1-800-442-9637. Give them the number/letter combination on the title page of the manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo; it looks something like this: (4JR - 36055). They'll do what they can to help.