Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Electric brake controller ford territory

Question Electric brake controller ford territory

I wish to install a wire from the brake pedal switch to the trailer plug at the rear ( to hookup the electric brakes on my trailer) but can't find out how to access the route of the existing wires, I also need to connect controller to battery through the fire wall. I cannot find any info on this in the manual .

Hi Sleuth63,

You'll have to work with the wiring diagram in the back of the manual to determine which wire to use. I'm looking at manual no. 36734 and it looks to me like the green wire coming out of the switch is the one you're after (if you have an SX or SY Territory). As far as routing a wire through the firewall, you'll have to find a grommeted hole through wich you can run the wire, or patch into a hot wire at the under-dash fuse panel (just make sure your circuit is fused and won't cause any problems, etc.).
    The reason you can't find this information in the manual (aside from the wiring diagram, which is there), is because this is a modification and we don't get into that.
    Also, if you have any future questions regarding your manual, please direct them to our Australian office, as we don't have any factory service information for your vehicle here in the U.S. It's www.haynes.com.au.

Thanks, I'll give it a try!!!!