Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: Editions/Revisions, Copyright dates, & Changes/Corrections

Default Editions/Revisions, Copyright dates, & Changes/Corrections

Is there an index of the various editions/revisions and copyright dates or ISBN numbers for the various manuals along with a brief description of updates, changes, or corrections that were made since the previous edition? It would be helpful to know if the manual you have or are considering purchasing is the most current edition. Also, things to look for to identify what edition you're looking at in the event you can't see the title page (such as when shopping from an online retailer); perhaps a different cover picture from one edition to the next? Also, is there any way to determine if you're looking at a US edition or some foreign edition (if there is one)?

In particular, I'm trying to make sure the AC/Heating manual I'm interested in buying is the most current edition. A picture from an edition circa 2000 looks just like the one I saw on the shelf (in shrink wrap) at the parts store this afternoon....But an edition that looks to be distributed in the UK circa 2006 has a completely different cover and slightly different name (no mention of heating)

There is a slightly similar question in:
    http://forum.haynes.com/showthread.php?10580-Automotive-Heating-amp-Air-Conditioning-Sytems-Techbook-will-you-udate-it-soon

Additionally, it would be great if the index suggested included a calendar of planned new edition releases for a manual (if there are any). I don't expect a new manual to come out for a 1977 Chevy Nova, but it's reasonable to expect there will be updates to the manual for something like a 2008 Charger.

Hello DIYBynecessity,

It is our goal to provide our customers with manuals that are current. Regarding our Techbook series Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning manual (#10425), it is one of the few manuals that is intended for general use for many model years and does require an update from time to time. Most of our other manuals are only updated to include later model years of specific models. We post upcoming titles and/or updated titles on our website that are generally in production. If you have a specific question about any manual, please contact the Haynes Technical Research department by email at research@haynes.com (research@haynes.com) or by phone (800) 442-9637. They'll be glad to provide you additional information. As an aside, how many of our manuals do you own and are you looking into purchasing more in the future?