Haynes Manuals Home

Thread: 2009 Honda Civic

Default 2009 Honda Civic

wiring diagram for the headlight system is not where it should be in the hayes manual. just shows marker lights ect. need to know what wire is hot when high beams are turned on, the DRL's have constant power I need this wire for installing aftermarket bixenon headlights. where can I find a wire that is hot only when the highbeams are on? Does any one know?

Default 09 Honda Civic

Let me be more specific, I just posted yesterday about wiring diagrams for the 09 Civic headlight system. The reason being is that I am installing aftermarket zenon headlights the xenon headlights are high/low beam and the stock headlights are only low beam and connected with 2 wires 1 hot and 1 ground. From what I see under the hood the DRL's or daytime running lights act as the running lights and high beams. What puzzles me is that the DRL bulb looks to be a single filament bulb and they are connected with 2 wires assuming 1 hot and 1 ground. How does this light become brighter for highbeam? (maybe it gets 6v for drl and 12v for highbeam)? Anyway what I am getting at is that I need a wire that is hot only when highbeams are on for the pupose of connecting to the relay for highbeam part of the high/low xenon or bixenon headlights. Does any wire exist on the civic that is hot only when activating highbeams, I know that there must be one at the high/low switch on the steering column, but which one? originally thought that to make it easier I could tap into the drl/highbeam circuit thinking that the drl was a dual filament bulb connected with 3 wires but like I mentioned earlier the drl's are connected only with 2 wires. Is there a section in the Haynes manual that shows wiring on the steering column?
    I guess if all else fails I could install a switch to activate the highbeams on the bixenon high/low headlights, but what a pain! to have to hit a switch for the extra highbeam.
    Any ideas other than having to add a switch for the extra highbeam?

Hello tdokada,

Our Technical Research Department can assist you with some additional information. Email one of our tech service reps at research@haynes.com, or call them at 1-800-442-9637. Give them the number/letter combination on the title page of the manual, just to the right of the Haynes logo; it looks something like this: (4JR - 36055). They'll do what they can to help.